Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Watcher

The Watcher by Jeka World Photography
The Watcher, a photo by Jeka World Photography on Flickr.

Via Flickr:
Visit Our Website! II Facebook II Twitter II Tumblr II Pinterest II Wordpress ll 500px II g+


"The Watcher" Pettigrew State Park, North Carolina




I really love this shot because of how the owl perfectly blends in with its surroundings. The day I took it I was driving around Phelps Lake in Pettigrew State Park trying to find the best spot for the coming sunset. When a park ranger driving in front of me suddenly did a u-turn and signaled me to stop. At the moment I thought maybe my sporadic driving (pulling in and out of every lookout) had made me seem suspicious or something, but then the ranger asked if I had been bird watching? He then showed me this barn owl up the tree. I was very surprised and couldn't express how grateful I was for his random act of kindness. People and nature never cease to amaze me.

No comments:

Post a Comment